3. Information Collected
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you set up your customer account, register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the web site:
• Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
• User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
• Age and date of birth;
• Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and zip Code;
• Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
• Search queries;
• In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver's license number where needed for payment or to access a particular Service;
• Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
• Correspondence you send to us; and
• Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person).
Information we collect automatically may include:
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• Sites you visited before and after visiting the Site;
• Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within the Site;
• Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other Technologies;
• Information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
• Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
• Standard server log Information.
Information we obtain from other sources.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded video players), from co-branded partners and sites (for example, on our pages on Facebook), and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
• Name, postal address, and telephone number;
• Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income;
• If you access third-party services through a Site, or if you access the Site via a third-party service, your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services; and
• Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
4. Use of Information
We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
• Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including sending you electronic newsletters, authorizing a purchase, and completing a transaction that you have requested;
• Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls and sweepstakes;
• Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
• Analyze the use of the Site and information about visitors to our Site to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
• Customize the content you see when you visit the Site;
• Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
5. Disclosure of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
• With your consent, we may share your contact information with third-party business Partners.
• Authorized third-party service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
• Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion
• Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements.
We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including helping us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings. This sharing of anonymized or aggregated information will not include information that could be used to individually identify you.
6. Your Choices
You can opt out of receiving commercial email from us by following the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the Site, such as service announcements.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
8. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident providing your information but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's web site for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
9. Transfer of Data Internationally
Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in another country may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using the Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
10. Third Party Sites